This definitive reference presents the most comprehensive, clinically relevant coverage of nutrition in enteral and tube feeding. The New Edition has been completely revamped by a multidisciplinary editorial team to reflect all of the latest technology and nutritional knowledge, as well as the new, collaborative nature of contemporary clinical practice. Plus, a new bonus CD-ROM delivers self-assessment questions and answers, and a downloadable image collection of illustrations from the book.
- Delivers 21 brand-new chapters that address recent ASPEN clinical guidelines regarding pharmacotherapeutic issues and enteral formulations, including fluids and electrolytes · genetics · pre-, pro-, and synbiotics · food safety · regulatory issues · and more.
- Explores the unique enteral nutrition needs of specific patient populations such as pregnant and lactating women · children · adolescents · transplant candidates · cancer patients · obese patients · patients with kidney disorders · and diabetic patients.
- Features new editorial viewpoints representing surgery, nursing, pharmacy, and nutrition/dietetics, reflecting the new, multidisciplinary nature of the field.
- Offers a new bonus CD-ROM containing review questions and answers and more.
- Presents a new, more user-friendly internal
- An excellent study preparation tool for Nutrition Support Certification.
With 78 contributing experts